No words... just thanks!!!
November 30, 2010
... is not who you think. It's not Darth Vader, or Lord Voldemort. Its not Count Dracula, or Freddy Kreuger. It's not Sauron, its not Keyser Sosa, it's not Tony Montana, and its not Nino Brown. True, all these people have legacies of being some of the baddest of the bad. But none come close to purportrating the henious deeds and actions of the greatest movie villian of all time.... this lady:
Yup, it's Glinda the Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz. Whats that you say? I got it wrong, I must mean The Wicked Witch of The West, not Glinda.... nope, I'm sorry, but I mean Glinda. Why you ask? Just check out Cracked.com's breakdown on all the evil shit that she is responsible for during The Wizard of Oz by clicking here, and then ask yourself if she is so good after all. I was shocked when I read this, and you will be as well. Fuck the flying monkees, this bitch is the real gangster of OZ!!!
Check out these cool Star Wars inspired posters for other movies by deviant artist Mattranzetta. The posters feature Star Wars related characters and situations from some of my favorite movies ever. Hope you guys enjoy this cool take on some fan art...
These posters of Superheroes & Supervillians broken down to there minimal essentials in these two posters. They are way to cool to explain. Click here to order prints and t-shirts. Here you are... enjoy.
Heroes: Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Superman, Gambit, Barbarella, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Hulk, Cyclops, The Incredibles, Radioactive Man, Fallout Boy, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Captain Atom, Aeon Flux, Wolverine, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Professor X, Chapulin Colorado, The Darkness, Ben (Fantastic Four), Hellboy, He-Man, Freakazoid, The Silver Surfer, Witchblade, Spider-Man, Mandrake, Mighty Man, Green Lantern, Falcon, Atom Ant, The Phantom, Storm (X-Men), Birdman, Aquaman, Iceman, Captain Marvel, Space Ghost, Blade, Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Flash Gordon, Bartman, TNMT Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo; Plastic Man, Duffman, The Punisher, Daredevil, Hawkman, Black Vulcan, Zorro, Hancock
Villians: The answers have not been posted yet... can you name em all??? Use the comment section below to put your guesses. I can not wait to read 'em!!!
"The world has lost a great director and one of the most genuine people I've had the pleasure of knowing," Lucas said in a statement sent to E! News. "Irvin Kershner was a true gentleman in every sense of the word."
"It is because of the emotions stirred in Empire that the entire series takes on a mythic quality that resonates back to the first [movie] and ahead to the third," critic Roger Ebert wrote in a four-star review, published upon the sequel's 1997 re release. "This is the heart."
Fox is premiering a new animated comedic series this January and judging by the first preview clip, it looks pretty good. Neither Mike "Beavis & Butthead/King of the Hill" Judge, Matt "The Simpsons/Futurama" Groening, or Seth "Family Guy/The Cleavland Show" McFarlane have anything to do with it... it seems that although Fox has a poor track record of keeping their best programming around, if there is one thing they know how to do it is animation. Have a look... and tell us if you think you will be checking for this one in the new year in the comment section below. Enjoy!
Thanks to Jeff Bond for bringing this to my attention... my DVR is going to be working overtime in 2011!!!!
November 29, 2010
On November 28th, 2010 the world lost a great acting talent when Leslie Nielsen succumbed to complications from pneumonia. He was 84. Nielsen was known for many roles, having gotten his start in the 1956 sci-fi classic Forbidden Planet. He was in the original Poseiden Adventure in 1972, and after appearing in the parody film Airplane! in 1980 he was constantly looked at as the go to guy in the parody genre. His role as Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun series and his take on the priest in the possession film parody Re-Possessed are some of the funniest performances I have ever witnessed in my life. Yet by far, I love the calm, cool, calculating murderer that Nielsen played in Creepshow. Burying Ted Danson up to his neck in sand was awesome... untiil he came back from the dead!!!! You will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
As a tribute, I give you guys the Baseball clip from The Naked Gun. One of the funniest sequences in history. Enjoy. "Enrico Palatzo???"... LOL. R.I.P. funny guy!!!
My son Mikey has been fascinated by Marvel's Superhero Squad toys ever since he first laid eyes on him. You got to admit that the little figures are extremely cool due to their amazing likenesses and cool selection of characters that are included in the set. They have released a shitload of these guys over the past few years, and Mikey has an extraordinary amount of them. I thought it would be cool to set up a mock "heroes vs villians" battle scene on the kitchen table, pitting all the teams we love from the Marvel Universe against their mortal enemies. Due to Marvel trying to capitalize on the success of Wolverine, Spiderman, and Iron Man, there are an obscene amount of these characters present (especially Iron Man!!!). Unfortunately, you must keep buying these duplicates in order to get some of the cooler figures in the two packs they come in. Anyway, I shot some awesome pics as well as a video of the "great battle". Hope you enjoy.
***Please click Read more below to see all of the individual figures pics***
***Please click Read more below to see all of the individual figures pics***
You gotta love it when some hotties get behind a good cause. Some former Playboy bunnies are striking The Captain Morgan's "Captain" pose to raise money for charity. I am all for a good cause, and if we get some sexy ladies as well... hey, I guess I can live with that! Here are all 20 of the pics... they are excellent. Click on Playboy's facebook page to learn more about this charitable cause... but first enjoy the pics!!!
***Please clck Read more below to see the other 17 Playmates***
Take that John Madden and your underachieving Tur-duck-en... this is the ultimate hidden gem of holiday alchemy. What exactly are you looking at: A 20 lbs pig stuffed with an 8 lbs turkey, a 6 lbs duck, a 4 lbs chicken, a cornish hen, a quail, bacon croissant stuffing & 10 lbs of wrapped Bacon between layers... not to mention a glaze that consists 6 lbs of butter and a 2 liter of Dr Pepper!!! They also garnished it with a bunch of Bacon-nator cheeseburgers.... good lord. Total calories you ask... how 'bout a cool 80,000!!!! Check this puppy out:
Thanks to Geekologie for making us hungry all over again... can't wait till next year!!!
November 25, 2010
4) Movies- . Sometime after my teens I had forgotten about most TV viewing and spent my time catching up on films from the past 30 years. I broke away from that TV hiatus when, one evening, I came across the first episode of a show called 'LOST' that seemed like it was rooted in EVERYTHING I love about films...and didn't share many qualities with other TV shows I had seen. Since it's been off the air, it hasn't been easily replaced and I find myself, again, delving into a new space adventure, or horror flick, an action thriller or date movie. While others spend their time marathon-ing their favorite TV shows. I'd much rather disappear in to a different 2-hour world once or twice a day. Keep all these TV shows that usually outstay their welcome and run out of ideas. Give me a movie any day, instead.
3) Star Wars- It seems insane but, I don't think that there's a day that goes by that doesn't have some connection to Star Wars in some way. Whether I'm discussing the films, thinking about my old toys, helping to create posts for Cultural Compulsive Disorder, or just having some random conversation with someone in which the force, epic Good vs. Evil feuds, or see a random stranger baring the likeness of REE-YEES...Star Wars plays a role. It is said that every episode of 'Seinfeld' contains Superman in some way shape or form...and 'Star Wars' is my 'Superman' in that way.
2) Food- I literally think about what pleasure my next meal will bring me the second I finish my previous meal. It's Not healthy to seek comfort in food I know but I do it and I can't picture a day without at least one meal that looks and tastes pretty epic. The perfect slice of pizza...a salad piled so enormously high that it cancels out it's nutritional value....a burger complimented just so with my favorite toppings. I'd be an angry man if I suddenly found myself in one of those futuristic societies that served only pills as meal replacements.
1) Yooki (my pup!)- She's usually one of the first things I see or hear when I awake in the morning and one of the last things I see or hear each day before I shut down. Before I owned a puppy, I thought it was strange when people told me their pets kept them centered and calm, now I know I'd probably put my fist through the wall at least once a week if I didn't have a hairy 7 pound child to greet me at the door when I come home each day. This may fall into the category of 'family and friends' but, screw that! On some levels she's even more important to me these days than even those.
5) Coffee- This java goodness is truly the fuel that gets this machine running. Without it I would be one lazy cranky bitch.
4) XBox 360- Through this wondrous gift from the Gods (AKA Bill Gates) I've have been entertained into idleness and away from productivity through gaming.
3) NetFlix Streaming- In the further advancement to my complete lack of productivity NetFlix has provided me with countless hours of movie & TV show viewing when cable has failed me.
2) 5 Pointz- On my daily ride on the 7 I get to pass by this awesome reflection of the City's great graffiti history. It always helps perk up my morning.
1) Jane Austen- I have an unhealthy obsession with her work. Books, Movies, TV Mini-series, side stories based on her work....I just can't get enough.
1. My Alienware m15 laptop: My whole day starts off with this thing! I Skype with my sister and brand new baby niece every morning; my girl when she's in Deutschland with her fam, surf the web for cool shit, check my mail, and occasionally get some work done!
2. Facebook: God bless Mark Zuckerberg and his arrogantly genius ass. FB has become my primary info source! I stay in touch with friends from all over the world (and check out pics of their hot friends.....MING) get news from the stuff most important to me (shouts out to On the Ground News and CCD).
3. My Blackberry: Again, I'm real big on staying in touch with all my peeps globally, and even though I'm iPhone to the core, Blackberrys give you the best service in Jamaica.
4. My iPhone: Aahh yes, the trusty old 3GS has been a faithful companion for quite some time now! Anybody who's been on a plane longer than an hour and ten minutes knows that shits MURDER; so fitting all my music, movies and TV shows in my pocket with enough juices to run for 8-9 hours straight without dying on ya....shhhiiiiiiiittt!!!
5.My shades: Living in the Caribbean means being blessed with beautiful days nearly year around (sorry Joey Esq. Don't be too mad at me son, just come visit!) so being outdoors is an absolute must! And whether you're driving or laying on the beach, "hater blockers" are a necessity!
One Love CCD peeps. Likkle More!
4) DVR... completely necessary with my busy schedule.
3) iPod... when the Droid is out of 3g service.
2) nook... I love being able to read whatever whenever
1) Harry Potter... the Boy Who Lived singlehandedly changed my life.
Since today is Thanksgiving, I decided to have some of CCD's closest friends & contributors share the 5 things in their lives that they are truly thankful for... not family, or boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses etc.... the real stuff they need to keep them going. With no further ado, I present a life long friend and former college roomate Joe "Fletch" Flesche's 5 Things I Am Thankful For!!!
I got an e-mail yesterday from Mike D asking me write an article for CCD. Man, I was honored. So I immediately starting thinking and writing about the topic, and 13 hours later, we have...
Joe F's list of '5 items in my life that I need daily & are thankful for'
- Commuting - Crazy right? So let me explain (I'll make it short). I went to school for chemical engineering (I was roomies with Mike D for a year. Yeah son!), and my plan was to work for a pharmaceutical company after getting out of school. Well that was a great idea except for the fact that I could not work in the New York / Long Island area since there is little to no manufacturing facilities in the area. Don't get me wrong, I love the work I do for my company, but I have to commute in order to make the family happy. So, when I commute to work, I get to catch up on things that I normally don't have time for at home. When I was taking public transportation (2 hours each way), I was able to read a ton of books and listen to music. But now I get to drive 50 miles each way to work! Awesome! I have plenty of time to listen to the radio and get agravated on the way home (about 1.5 hours each way). So I am thankful that I have time during the days I commute to work to listen to Cipha Sounds and Rosenburg, NPR, 710AM, 770AM, 1010AM, various mixtapes and hip-hop/rap albums. (Please note that commuting sucks. I'm just trying to make myself feel better about what I have to do. Did I convince you?)
- Working from home - I am lucky that I have a job that allows me to work from home. And any day that I don't have to commute to work is a great day. Yeah I don't get to listen to the radio, but I am thankful that I can work from home and have a bit less stress, more sleep, and more time for me and my family.
- Google - I'm not just talking about http://www.blogger.com/www.google.com as a search engine. I'm specifically talking about the Google suite of software; Google Mail, Google Calendar (with Tasks), Google Reader, Blogspot/Blogger, Documents, Picasa, Chrome, etc. I am so very thankful every day for Google having a fantastic product line that is absolutely free. The product that I use most is the Google Calendar. We use it as a family to scheduling everything; there is never a question when there's a doctor appointment or a family party. I also use Google Reader to keep track of all of my websites that I frequent (CCD!). If you don't use the Google products, you're missing out!
- Hair - I have the uncanny ability to grow hair at a rapid rate. This could be looked at as a curse (the need for frequent haircuts, excessive chest hair, back hair, the need for grooming, etc.) or as a blessing (for obvious top of the head reasons, beards, mustaches or because I could pass as a werewolf). But I am thankful every day that I have a full mane of hair!
- Getting my crap together - I have been lifting and running inconsistantly since college, without much to show for it. I could never get my act together. Within the past month, I have been thinking of some things that 2 important people in my life have said. The two most important things are...
- Stop being a pussy. JoeyESQ
- Its hard for life to get in the way at 5AM. George M
Since today is Thanksgiving, I decided to have some of CCD's closest friends & contributors share the 5 things in their lives that they are truly thankful for... not family, or boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses etc.... the real stuff they need to keep them going. With no further ado, I present the comic book kid himself... Cousin James West's 5 Things That I Am Thankful For!!!
4) Indoor Plumbing - Self explanatory. Where would we be without it?
3) Comic Books - Oh, you joyous bundles of entertainment. Thank you, thank you, for teaching me how to read, providing me with an imagination that spans an entire universe separate from our own, showing me characters that I can relate to in times of need and look up to in times of aspiration, and just for being good fun since 1938.
2) Harry Potter - I recently saw the latest film at the midnight opening- I must say, it truly reawakened by love for Harry. I started reading the first book around 98/99, pretty much before everyone (something I brag about often- also the fact that I dressed up like him in third grade and no one knew who he was). However, I have only read each of the books once- so the last time I read anything was about 3 years ago. Seeing everything in the newest movie spark memories of Harry that I had forgotten (something the sixth movie failed to do) reminded me of two things- One, that I need to reread all the books, and two, how important Harry has been, as I have essentially grown up with the character for over half my life (our ages pretty much coincided with all the books). So thank you, Harry Potter.
1) The Christmas Season - Always starts the day after Thanksgiving in my household, and what a happy time it is. Easily my favorite part of the year. Can’t wait to carry out all the festivities this year…
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
November 24, 2010
There is no reason to say anything about this clip. It speaks for itself... honestly, it does. Look at it this way: If you like Nic Cage, this is the clip for you. If you hate him and his carzy fucking face, well... you are a dick and should watch it to further foster your misguided feelings of hate for Mr Cage. Hope you enjoy:
Thanks to Pajiba for this... you guys are the best!!!
I know all you Losties out there feel it too... its an empty feeling when watching these TV shows now a days. No matter how great Paz de la Huerta's tits look bouncing on Boardwalk Empire, or how many zombies Rick Grimes takes a pick axe to the head of in The Walking Dead, nor how many celeb filled cameo mashups the sexy bitches (and the guys as well) of Glee sing each week.... it all just falls short. So since I am a fat ass, and a Lost geek of epic proportions, I decided to show you guys 5 of the coolest "Lost" themed cakes I have ever seen. Check it out... and tell me what you guys miss about Lost the most in the comment section below.
***Please click Read more below to see the other 4 "Lost"cakes***
Here is the first official screenshot of Robert Downey Jr, Jude Law, and Noomi "The Real Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" Rapace starring in Sherlock Holmes 2 from director Guy Ritchie. I can not wait for this one... coming December 2011. Gotta love it!!!
Thanks to /Film for keeping us in the loop on all movie news!!!
I love this song from Wu Tang affiliate Pop Da Brown Hornet. This is one of the hundreds of songs that were done by people losely associated with the Wu when they were on the top of the world. You the man Pop!!!
November 23, 2010
|Boba Fett, 'The Hunter' by M. Kungl|
With the usage of brilliant colors and sharp edged shapes in the the design, this one IMMEDIATELY jumped out at me. About the piece the artist, Michel Kungl said this: